Wednesday, March 25, 2009

playing beads


I love making jewelry. I call it, "playing beads."  I can spend hours creating, taking apart, recreating. I can also spend $$$ at the bead store (have to be careful there).  My mother and I took a beading class in Northampton, MA when I was in junior high.  I didn't make much until my wedding when I made my jewelry and pieces for my bridesmaids. After moving to NC I picked up on it again because of my neighbor.  Julie is even more obsessed with "playing beads" than I am and we have had a blast sharing ideas. 

I made this bracelet and earrings last night after class. 

I am always looking for reasons, beyond my enjoyment, to "play beads" so if you or anyone you know needs something made (or wants something made) let me know! =)
  

3 comments:

  1. I am the proud owner of several pieces of Ashleigh Murphy jewelry. I always receive compliments when I wear it and love responding that my wonderful daughter-in-law made it!
    Love,
    Momma Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this bracelet and earrings! You are so talented! Seriously, you should sell or at least use these for gifts! They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bracelet and the earrings...they are too cute! Keep posting those!

    ReplyDelete