Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Renovation Part 4 - Backsplash!



Our backsplash is done and we love it! We chose 1 x 1 glass tiles mixed with 4 x 6 brick stone. Over the cooktop we have brass tiles for a little something special =)  We love it. I thought choosing tile was going to be a nightmare because of all the millions of options, but we walked into the store and I spotted the glass tiles right away and said, "This is it, this is exactly what i want." Thankfully Brett got tired about 30 seconds after we entered the store and basically left it up to me - I like when that happens =)
 
On most of our renovations so far we have chosen the least expensive subcontractors and were happy with their work but noticed they don't pay much attention to detail. With the backsplash we went with Tile Collection in Charlotte which is well known for their excellent work...they did excellent work and we were happy to pay them for it.

Next is floors. We are going to do hardwoods throughout the first floor and re-stain the existing hardwoods. That will be in the fall we think. We also will eventually update our oven, micro and fridge...in black. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the backsplash and the kitchen altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I bet you just want to hang out in your kitchen all day! I would. Heck, I might even sleep in there so that I could be happy smelling coffee when I woke up! Thanks for sharing! It looks so fabulous and I know you're gonna miss it when you move to OK, huh? j/k! I wish!

    ReplyDelete